- £16,000 per annum + Pension + Company Bonus
- Based in Derby – DE24 8HR
- 37.5 hours per week
- Available from August/September 2019 – minimum of 45 weeks fixed term contract
Tracsis is looking to place a Junior Operational Planning & Data Analysis – Year in Industry Student in our Derby team from September 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team of 30 in Consultancy in Derby and specialise in timetable development, modelling and analysis using industry standard specialist software.
You will work closely with our experienced specialist Consultancy team, current operators and with clients that are tendering for new rail franchises or new infrastructure projects, assisting them with their strategic plans. As you develop in the role, you will be provided with creative work challenges and responsibility.
In addition, you will be working with our in-house TRACS software products and with third-party software such as RailSys, VoyagerPlan, Opentrack, and ATTUne. Full training will be provided.
There is a large amount of variety in the work undertaken by the Consultancy team on a day-to-day basis. This role allows the successful candidate to gain knowledge, skills and experience in several different areas. Examples of the work that could be undertaken as part of this role are:
• Using in-house TRACS software products to support the wider consultancy team in providing optimal diagramming and rostering solutions to train operators and other industry clients.
• Using third party software such as ATTUne to support the wider consultancy team in providing timetable planning support to a range of clients on varying types of project.
• Using third party software such as Railsys to model railway infrastructure and simulate rolling stock and timetable performance data.
• Using Microsoft Excel to analyse the outputs of both in-house and third-party software packages. In addition, it is often a requirement to undertake independent analysis tasks and format the results in a presentable way that can be distributed to the client.
• Making technical notes and transferring these in to valuable contributions to reports sent out to the client which summarise and conclude the findings of the work completed.
- A University student requiring a Year in Industry Placement – a relevant degree
- Strong technically minded approach to problem solving and excellent analytical skills
- Highly computer literate – with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Work and Excel
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Self motivated and able to work confidentially in a team
- An interest in specialising in Planning, Diagramming and Rostering
- Experience of the Railway Industry
- Prior experience of operational planning and modelling software such as RailSys
Forward your c.v to Louise Hodgson, HR Manager at email@example.com by the 23rd August 2019.