- Circa £33,000 per annum + Company bonus + Pension
- Based in Derby
- 37.5 hours per week
- Permanent contract
Why work for Tracsis?
We are a SME who is big enough to make things happen but small enough to care about our employees and who prides itself on working with a blue chip client base including the majority of the UK transport operators.
Our success is down to the way we work, the opportunities we seek and act upon and our amazing employees who make everything happen. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer to join our Derby team of approximately 30 employees.
Based within a small and supportive team, the Software Engineer is responsible for working on various multiple projects and taking new software development from inception to implementation and beyond.
The varied projects worked on span a wide range: from simple filtering of timetables for a given geographic area to cutting edge data mining of real-time train running information and everything in between.
Part of the role will involve working closely with our team of consultants to find time-consuming manual tasks and automating them or developing tools to allow the consultants to perform the task more efficiently. You will use your excellent, proven, problem-solving skills to assist the consultancy team to work more effectively. This will include all aspects of the software lifecycle, from assessing business requirements and design through to testing, deployment and maintenance.
The team works primarily in C#/WPF for developing software. However, picking the right tool for the job is important and tools are developed in everything from Python to Microsoft Excel VBA as the situation demands.
We will provide you with professional mentoring and development support will be provided to maximise your potential and to move along your career. In return, we are looking for a talented individual who can demonstrate a real passion for adding value, solving problems, a commitment to high standards and excellent communication skills.
You will have:
- Experience of object-oriented development and design patterns
- An interest in problem solving and careful attention to detail
- An aptitude for modelling complex problem domains
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or projects and prioritise effectively
- Self-starter who is highly organised, communicative, a quick learner, and team oriented
- Experience with some or all of the following: C#, .NET, LINQ, WPF, MVVM, NUnit, Mercurial, Git, C++, Fortran, Python, Perl, Functional Programming
- Experience of working in small teams of developers in a fast-paced environment
- A track record for completing tasks within agreed time and budget constraints
- Experience of version control and continuous integration
- Experience of UI standards and graphical interface design
- Experience of automated testing (using tools such as NUnit or JUnit)
We value our employees and offer the following benefits:
- Company Bonus
- Flexi time working/working from home an option for 1 day per week
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays, plus a Long Term Annual Leave Award Scheme
- 5% company pension contributions after 1 year’s service (with no minimum employee contribution); 3% in the first year
- Bonus/share option scheme
- Bupa private healthcare after 1 years service
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Free eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free drinks
- Regular free pizza lunches
To apply: Forward your c.v to Louise Hodgson, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 8th October 2019.
No agencies.c.v’ received from agencies will not be considered and unsolicited calls and emails from agencies are not welcome and will not be responded to.