Salary: £50,000 – £65,000 depending on experience plus bonus and pension
Location: Flexible with agile remote home working linked to either our Leeds or Manchester offices
Hours per Week 37.5 hours per week
As part of the Operations and Planning Systems Division, the Software Development team delivers complex software Rail Planning and Management Systems which facilitate the planning processes, integration and capture of data, analysis and distribution of management information. Our cloud hosted applications, business intelligence software and services are helping the UK’s Train Operating Companies to improve their business knowledge and agility, and helping them to drive forward improvements in Operational Performance, Retail and Service Quality Management.
The Programme Manager defines the project scope, goals and deliverables of the project and co-ordinates and executes successful and timely delivery of our projects within the Rail Division.
The Programme Manager will lead customer programmes and manage the primary relationship with the customer. The Programme Manager will be supported by the Project Mangers and Assistant Project Managers for the modules relevant to the programme.
In addition, the Programme Manager oversees the customer projects under their remit to ensure desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are utilised, and stakeholder outcomes are met successfully.
- Managing the Customer programme relationship, working closely with customer programme manager to manage delivery and reporting.
- Manage customer scope closely through change request process. Ensure end to end traceability of customer requirements through, design, development and UAT to demonstrate project delivery, working closely with the relevant Project Managers.
- Provide regular reporting of programme status and RAID to senior management including SLT and Commercial Director
- Support Business Development activities as required.
- Defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support the business goals of Tracsis.
- Ensuring that identified projects are delivered to budget, agreed timescales and scope, whilst managing expectations of stakeholders.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the project team in Leeds and Manchester.
- Working with stakeholders to propose and agree realistic and achievable project plans.
- Effective communication with all stakeholders around the delivery of projects, detailing progress.
- Successfully managing expectations of key stakeholders with respect to their work and any other team members working on their assignment.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to manage expectations and promote Tracsis’s values.
- Manage the programme plan through use of Jira and advanced roadmaps supported by the input from module project managers
- Demonstrate people and client management skills to the required standard of a Programme Manager.
- To programme manage over different geographical locations and attend meetings off site as required.
- Estimating and managing resources via relevant managers and team leaders to identify risks to achieve project goals and escalating risk to the Senior Programme Manager where identified.
- Communicate delivery improvement opportunities to the Programme Director.
- Regularly challenge project priorities and scopes to ensure value is being delivered to the business in the optimum approach.
- Influence and make business focussed decisions in the area of delivery of programmes and projects.
- Responsible for professional standards and industry regulations being met and for sharing best practice with the Project Team.
- Keep up to date with the rail/software industry and in particular own personal development.
- To work continuously on own professional development to enhance career development.
Skills and Experience:
- Has an excellent understanding of all aspects of software development lifecycle e.g requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation and associated software development methodologies, e.g waterfall/agile/iterative design and has experienced them in the workplace.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects in a commercial organisation
- Strong agile project management experience in software development.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire teams.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills to problem solve and seek solutions, along with careful attention to detail
- An ability to multitask and manage tasks with varying priorities and influence successful outcomes.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision. Pro-active and good at motivating oneself.
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively and encourage cross functional team working.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients. The ability and confidence to represent Tracsis at business and industry events.
- Experience with managing a small team of Developers with some or all of the following areas: absence management, performance management, appraisals, one to one meetings.
- Outstanding commercial awareness – a good understanding of the wider environment in which Tracsis operates
- Ability to travel to meet clients/visit other Tracsis sites in the North of England.
Education and Training:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification
- Comply with the Employee Handbook and respect confidentiality at all times
Benefits to working at Tracsis:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays per year
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Bupa Medical Health care after 1 years’ service
- Long service annual leave entitlement scheme
- Tracsis share ownership scheme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible remote working policy
- Casual dress code
- Social events paid for by Tracsis
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Excellent, modern office space
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK. We offer flexible hybrid remote working. Must be able to travel to either our Manchester or Leeds offices.
If working for Tracsis sounds like the great career move you want, we look forward to receiving your C.V. and having an initial conversation. Please submit a copy of your CV to email@example.com We welcome C.Vs from all members of the community. Tracsis are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community.
Offers of employment are subject to pre-recruitment checks, including a Basic DBS check, the cost of which will be covered by Tracsis. The check will be carried out by our HR team, using a registered checking service that is GDPR compliant. More information about the details disclosed in a Basic DBS can be found on the Gov.uk website. Details of the checking process will be shared during the offer stage. We carry out these checks due to the sensitive nature of our client’s information that you may have access to. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position at Tracsis, if an unspent conviction/s or caution/s is disclosed, a decision will be made by the HR Manager as to whether the offer of employment should be withdrawn.
GDPR Privacy Notice
During the recruitment process, Tracsis collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Tracsis is committed to being clear and transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. We will use this information for progressing applications in view of offering employment, assessing your suitability, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of your information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
CVs received from agencies at this time, unfortunately will not be considered.