- Competitive Salary + Bonus + Pension
- 37.5 hours per week
- Based in Manchester
Tracsis Group is a developer and integrator of technology, products and services that solve business critical resources, asset and safety management problems across the transportation sector.
We offer software and hardware products, consultancy, bespoke tools, development, data capture, analytics and event transportation planning management.
Our Operations and Planning Division is the software and consultancy area of the Group and due to continued success, we are looking to add to our Manchester team.
Our award-winning solutions cover all aspects of rail operations such as timetable modelling, planning, resourcing, safety & performance, operations management and business reporting.
We are recruiting an experienced Oracle Developer to join our software team in Manchester. You’ll design, develop, test and deploy software for the UK’s train operators who rely on our applications to manage disruption, reduce delays, and identify opportunities to keep trains moving on time.
The work will be varied and challenging, from developing enterprise-wide software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications to sophisticated optimisation solutions. You’ll work on both greenfield and brownfield projects and participate in the full development lifecycle to consistently deliver high quality software to our customers.
At Tracsis, no two projects are the same and we like team members who can bring ideas to the table, try out new techniques, and keep on top of emerging tools and trends. Whatever the domain, we adopt the best technical practices and value long term quality. We practice Agile to manage the software development process. We use Continuous Integration within a Continuous Delivery pipeline to maintain our high standards of quality efficiently into production. Due to the reliance our customers have on our applications, we work hard to ensure our systems are fully tested and highly available, 24/7.
The things you’ll need
• At least 2 years’ experience in PL/SQL
• Knowledge and experience of database design and data modelling
• Data Warehouse and ETL development
• ADF, Oracle Forms
• Experience of Oracle performance tuning techniques and tools
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Experience of using Agile methods
• Have a keen eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills
• Be flexible in their approach to work
• An enthusiasm for new technology and a willingness to expand knowledge and skills
• Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team to meet business objectives
• Demonstrate ambition and initiative to improve process and products
• Maintain focus and prioritise tasks effectively
• Consistently demonstrate dependability and competence
• Contribute to software projects, to deliver quality outputs on time and in budget
• Be competent in the development of software with guidance from more senior developers
• Contribute to the software estimating process
• Understand how our customers use the products either through site visits or through customer support activities
• Contribute to supporting documentation
• Be an active team member using Agile
• Ensure that any issues affecting delivery (quality, time or cost) are communicated (to team leaders)
Benefits to working at Tracsis
We value our employees and offer the following benefits:
• Flexi time and working from home one day per week
• Long Term Incentive Scheme Plan
• 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays and a Long Service Annual Leave Award scheme
• Eye Care Test vouchers
• Learning & Development, training opportunities
• Regular social events
Closing date: Monday, 19th October 2019
If you meet the criteria for this role and are interested in working for a thriving organisation, please send your CV, together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Feel free to provide links to on line code repositories such as GitHub and any other portfolio items, such as blog posts that are relevant to your application. Upon receipt of your CV, we will contact you within 3 working days and you may be asked to complete a coding test, to be completed in your own time (it is expected to take a couple of hours). The recruitment process would then consist of a formal interview.
No agencies.c.v’ received from agencies will not be considered and unsolicited calls and emails from agencies are not welcome and will not be responded to.