- £30,000 – £45,000 based on experience
- Pension and Company Bonus
- 37.5 hours per week
- Manchester, however we are flexible and promote agile working – this can be discussed during the recruitment process.
Tracsis (www.tracsis.com) is a leading provider of software and services for the planning and management of mass transport systems.
We develop and supply a range of software products which are used extensively within the rail and other public transport sectors, covering all aspects of operations planning and management including timetabling, resource and rolling stock planning and optimisation, real time performance and control, service recovery, incident management and delay attribution, retail services and delay repay. We also offer a consultancy service made up of highly experienced industry specialists, advising on all elements of rail operational planning and modelling including performance improvement, franchise and concession support, data capture and evaluation, as well as innovative bespoke software development capabilities.
Tracsis is big enough to make things happen but small enough to care about our colleagues. We pride ourselves on working with a blue-chip client- base including the majority of the UK transport operators such as Arriva, First, Stagecoach, Go-Ahead, National Express and Virgin. Our success is down to the way we work, the opportunities we seek and our amazing colleagues who make everything happen. Our mission is to revolutionise transport in the UK and beyond. We have an amazing suite of products that are making a huge difference to the performance of the railway, and you could be instrumental in helping us to deliver that vision.
Oracle Database and Linux Systems Administrator
Tracsis are looking for an experienced Oracle database and Linux systems administrator to join our Infrastructure Team, supporting not just our extensive data centre installation and our wide-ranging customer network connectivity but also our ambitions to move to cloud hosting.
The ideal candidate will have experience of systems administration with a focus on Oracle database administration, and either a desire to learn about or experience in cloud technology and / or on-prem to cloud migration.
You will be using the latest technologies to develop, performance tune and support our hosted services. The role involves research associated with both technology appraisal and fault finding activities. The position will encompass working with networks, firewalls, storage devices, virtual and physical servers at all levels from bare metal upwards, as well as the specification of cloud services and planning of migrations between on-prem and cloud.
- Administering our Linux-based systems and Oracle databases
- Provide an excellent customer experience through the performance and availability of our hosted services
- Effectively communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Learn and support existing and new technologies (including COTS software) as they are adopted
- Scripting (bash etc) for delivery, monitoring and updating of our software suite
- Professionally liaise with internal and external technical teams and 3rdparty service providers
- Participate in the on-call rota
- Test and document solutions and processes
- Produce estimates for work packages and record time against estimates
- Keep up to date with skills and train other team members as necessary to assist with the performance of duties
- Keep abreast of recent technologies and consider how Tracsis may be able to benefit them
- Linux administration
- Relational Database administration
- Shell scripting
- Use of monitoring tools
What we can offer you
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays per year
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Bupa Medical Health care after 1 years’ service
- Long service annual leave entitlement scheme
- Tracsis share ownership scheme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible remote working policy
- Casual dress code
- Social events paid for by Tracsis
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Excellent, modern office space
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK, ideally within commutable travel distance of our Manchester Piccadilly offices.
If working for Tracsis sounds like the great career move you want, we look forward to receiving your C.V. and having an initial conversation. Please submit a copy of your CV to email@example.com We welcome C.V’s from all members of the community. Tracsis are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community.
Offers of employment are subject to pre-recruitment checks, including a Basic DBS check, the cost of which will be covered by Tracsis. The check will be carried out by our HR team, using a registered checking service that is GDPR compliant. More information about the details disclosed in a Basic DBS can be found on the Gov.uk website. Details of the checking process will be shared during the offer stage. We carry out these checks due to the sensitive nature of our client’s information that you may have access to. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position at Tracsis, if an unspent conviction/s or caution/s is disclosed, a decision will be made by the HR Manager as to whether the offer of employment should be withdrawn.
GDPR Privacy Notice
During the recruitment process, Tracsis collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Tracsis is committed to being clear and transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. We will use this information for progressing applications in view of offering employment, assessing your suitability, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of your information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
CV’s received from agencies at this time, unfortunately will not be considered.