£50,000 – £80,000 per annum + Pension + Bonus + Generous Long Term Incentive Plan Scheme
Based in Derby
37.5 hour per week
Working for Tracsis:
Tracsis Rail Consultancy is a leading rail consultancy specialising in operational and strategic rail planning. Working largely with highly complex and specialised tools such as RailSys and ATTUne, as well as our internally developed products such as TrainTRACS, TRACS Roster and TRACS-RS, we provide clients with efficient and best practice solutions to many key issues faced by today’s Passenger and Freight Operating Companies, industry specifiers and infrastructure providers.
Due to an internal promotion and growth, we are seeking to recruit a Head of Consultancy, who will manage our growing consultancy team. The team has been carefully selected from the best in the industry and is made up of a wide range of former TOC diagrammers, planners, IT and performance specialists who combine their knowledge to deliver a first class consultancy service to multiple clients within the tra
· Overall responsibility for delivery of all consultancy services under the Tracsis Rail Consultancy brand. Delivering the Division’s revenue budget and P&L Account. This includes creating developing and conveying the Consultancy Strategy to the Board and the team.
· Leading, managing and overseeing all aspects of the Consultancy team, including allocation and review of work, project management, recruitment, and professional liaison with associates.
· Liaising with clients to scope requirements, submit proposals and deliver the projects to the highest standards within the required timeframes and budgets.
· Developing and managing a strong network of contacts within the UK rail industry to assist with the growth of the Consultancy team and to enhance existing and future project work.
· Performing ad-hoc consultancy work directly, though the majority of the role will involve management of other staff carrying out consultancy work.
· Interfacing logically with the other Divisions of the Tracsis group, as opportunities for collaboration arise and being able to plan and take advantage of arising opportunities.
· Providing a key link between Consultancy and the Board, in order to manage expectations on all sides.
· Tendering for new work and successfully growing the business offering to maintain Tracsis’s leading industry position.
· Working in conjunction with HR, full responsibility for managing the staff base appropriately, including recruitment and professional liaison with associates.
· Mentoring and coaching the Consultancy team to plan goal setting and achieve successful outcomes. Sharing knowledge, both best practice and information with the team.
· Based on an understanding of individual aspirations and career goals hold overall responsibility for Professional development of the Consultancy team and identification of training needs in conjunction with HR.
Ideally you will have experience in providing consultancy services as well as successfully overseeing projects involving others. A proven track record on leading and managing a team of talented rail consultants is essential for this role. To get the best out of the team, you work in a collaborative and supportive way, whilst having strong people skills and an excellent ability to develop and maintain working relationships. It will come naturally to you, to maintain a strong network or rail industry contacts, along with a commercial astuteness that means you can turn opportunities into growth for Tracsis.
If you are interested in applying, please send your c.v and a covering letter with your current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your c.v.
Closing date: 20th March 2018
We do not see agency intervention on this recruitment and unsolicited calls/emails from recruitment agencies are not welcome.