Full Stack Developer Java, Angular
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Share options + Pension
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent contract
Want to help revolutionise the rail industry?
Tracsis plc is a leading international provider of software and services for the planning and management of mass transit operations. Our software products are used extensively within public transportation sectors, especially the rail industry. We also offer a wide-ranging consultancy service covering rail planning, modelling and strategy, as well as performance management and improvement.
Operations & Planning is the software arm of the group and due to continued growth, we’re expanding the team. Our award-winning solutions cover all aspects of rail operations such as timetable modelling, planning, resourcing, safety & performance, operations management and business reporting.
We are looking to add a new member to our Manchester team:
We are recruiting an experienced full-stack developer to join our software team in Manchester. You’ll design, develop, test and deploy software for the UK’s train operators who rely on our applications to manage disruption, reduce delays and communicate efficiently, all in real time.
The work will be varied and challenging, from developing enterprise-wide software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications to sophisticated optimisation solutions. You’ll participate in the full development lifecycle to consistently deliver high quality software giving real value to our customers and an impact on the rail industry.
At Tracsis, no two projects are the same and we like team members who can bring ideas to the table, try out new techniques, and keep on top of emerging tools and trends. Whatever the domain, we adopt the best technical practices and value long term quality. We practice Agile to manage the software development process. We use Continuous Integration within a Continuous Delivery pipeline to maintain our high standards, efficiently into production. Due to the reliance our customers have on our applications, we work hard to ensure our systems are fully tested and highly available, 24/7.
The things you’ll need
- Angular (Typescript)
- Microservices & REST APIs
- Experience of automated testing methods as part of a CI environment
- Experience of using Agile methods
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Have a keen eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills
- An enthusiasm for new technology and a willingness to expand knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate ambition and initiative to improve process and products
- DevOps, Docker
- Event sourcing
- High Availability and System Reliability Engineering
- An appreciation of UX principles
- Mobile hybrid development (Ionic, Cordova)
- Contribute to software projects, to deliver quality outputs on time and budget
- Collaborate with colleagues and customers
- Understand how our customers use the products through site visits and collaborative activities
- Be an active team member, understanding and embracing our Agile culture
Benefits to working at Tracsis
We value our employees and offer the following benefits:
- 37.5 hours per week
- Flexi time and working from home 1 day per week
- Bupa Medical Health Care after 1 years service
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- Tracsis Long Term Incentive Plan Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Annual Eye Care Vouchers
- Learning & development opportunities
- Social events paid for by Tracsis
Closing date: 20th November 2019
If you meet the criteria for this role and are interested in working for a thriving organisation, please send your CV, together with a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Feel free to provide links to on line code repositories such as GitHub and any other portfolio items, such as blog posts that are relevant to your application. Upon receipt of your CV, we will contact you within 3 working days and you may be asked to complete a coding test, to be completed in your own time (it is expected to take a couple of hours). The recruitment process would then consist of a formal interview.